Please, tell us the difference between 6.52 and 8.5...
We got this question yesterday and it kind of "threw" us..
Obviously such comparisons will be part of our published material, but at the moment we have been to pre-occupied with finishing DataEase 8.5 so we haven't even given it a thought.
But we duly had a look and even we were surprised with how much this product has progressed.
1st October 2004
This was the ultimate version of DataEase 6.x and included the new Lookup Field and expanded Status tables, bug fixing and better OML support.
Big launch of the "all new" DataEase 7. Big structural changes and a lot of experimental functionality that had been requested by the community. Flopped due to poor quality and to little testing.
5th October 2006
Work on Patch 1 started
It was already clear that 7.0 was a flop so the work on the next increment was started. Actions were taken to improve quality and development control. New Source Control system so this was Revsion 1 in the modern system.
19tj November 2007
Final version of Patch 1 i.e. 7.1. A lot of bug fixing and improvements from 7.0 but another flop as it was still too buggy and migration from previous versions of DataEase didn't work.
The final build was 290.
29th June 2009
First version released by the new team. A lot of improvements both to the look and feel as well as performance and a lot of bug fixing. first 7.2 was build 646.
21st July 2011
Final version of DataEase 7.2. A lot of improvements and bug fixing later the need for fresh thinking and a fresh approach was overdue. Sapphire left DataEase and the new team had full control.
This was version 947 and the last published by Sapphire/DataEase Int. (Work done by new team).
31st July 2013
400 revisions later and DataEase 8.0 is here. The first modern DataEase for Windows with HTML field, RichText editor. Wast performance improvement etc.
3rd October 2013
Final version of DataEase 8.0 + ExecDQL, Extended Memoclass and SetClass.
21st March 2014
First release of 8.1. Re-implementation of functionality removed in 7.0 so 8.1 will again be compatible with 5.x and 6.x. Migration tool improved.
8th October 2014
First Release of 8.2. This was a slightly regressive version where the focus was on improving old DFD functionality as Traditional DQL and QBM. Expansion of existing functionality like Memo, ExecDQL and SetClass. GetCurrent improved. Build 1660
28th November 2014
We finished the DE8.2 development with the "ultimate" verrsion of DataEase for Windows. The focus now would move to making the next modern DataEase.
24th November 2015
The 8.5 work is concluding with the first slipstream release of DE8.5 scheduled for December 2015.
Build today: 1995 so we should end around 2025 for the slipstream of 8.5
Masses of new functionality as expanded and finalization of ExecDQLClass(), SetClass(), MemoClass(), Get)(), Remote() etc.